Take this self-quiz and find out:Answer each question with a score of 1 to 5, with 1 meaning never, 3 sometimes and 5 always.1. When I hear a point of view that opposes mine, I keep an open mind, listen with empathy, ask the person to elaborate and try to understand his point of view.
2. When I hear an opposing viewpoint, I can express it so well that the person tells me he thinks I understand, even if I don't agree.
3. I value and appreciate the chance to work with people who have different perspectives and backgrounds.
4. I am open to learning new knowledge and skills from others, and I actively seek out diverse opinions.
5. I accept that two people can disagree and they both can be right -- and that they still can get along with each other.
6. People I live and work with will say I respectfully share my opinions without being offensive.
7. When disagreements or tension arise in a relationship, I do my best to try to find a solution that will be beneficial to both of us.
8. I look for role models who can best help me to learn respect and admiration for others.
9. I am open to new experiences and am willing to try new things (such as new food, music, cultural activities, etc.).
10. I try to be good-humored, even in difficult situations.
So how well do you get along with others?45-50 Excellent. You should be commended. You have a significant respect for and appreciation of the differences in others.
40-44 Very good. Although you show a healthy amount of respect for others and their point of view, you could work to improve your skills to be even better.
30-39 Fair to good. You generally keep an open mind, but you still have trouble in some instances.
10-29: Poor. You tend to be closed to the differences in others. You need to work on having an open mind.